My all-time favourite winter desert!
You can’t go any easier on a desert. Studded with nuts and dried fruit, these apples require minimum work for maximum return. They will fill your kitchen with heavenly cinnamon aromas. Great as a healthy snack or a late night and guilt-free desert 😉
The amount of ingredients for this recipe is dependent on the number of apples you use.
- apples; halved and cored
- any apples will work for this; if you’re going shopping pick up juicy and sour apples e.g McIntosh or Honey Crisp
- mix of your favourite nuts and dried fruit
- I used pecans, hazelnut, almonds and cranberries, prunes, apricots
- you need enough to fill up the cored apples; approximately 1 Tbs fore each half of an apple
- dash of cinnamon
- butter or coconut oil; enough to coat your nuts and fruit combined
- brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 180º C (355º F).
Combine nuts and fruit with cinnamon and melted butter or coconut oil.
Stuff your apples with the mix and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon to taste.
Bake for 30 min until the apples are softened.
Cool before serving.
Hint: these apples are great with vanilla ice cream